Asthma Action Plan
You can help avoid the emergency room by managing your child's asthma daily. With a doctor's help, you can create an Asthma Action Plan to help you take care of your child and reduce the triggers in your home. Download Asthma Action Plan
When you and your doctor make the plan, be sure to include:
Use this Asthma Action Plan at home, school, and with your babysitter. Be sure to give a copy of your child’s asthma plan to your child’s school (teacher, coach, nurse) and talk it over with them. In case of an attack, they will know what to do. If you follow the steps in this plan, you will help prevent your child from having asthma attacks.
- Your child’s asthma triggers.
- Instructions for asthma medicines.
- What to do if your child has an asthma attack.
- When to call your doctor.
- Emergency telephone numbers.